Stand Up & Speak OUT!
A Workshop Series on How to Become a More Effective Speaker and Strategic CommunicatorSept 19: How to Prepare for Impromptu Speaking
The Golden Gate Business Association (GGBA), San Francisco's LGBTQ Chamber of Commerce, is proud to present a new program to help you become a more confident speaker and effective communicator. Created and hosted by award-winning professional speaker, Gina Grahame.
"We're changing the way public speaking, executive presentation, and communication skills are taught in a group setting. Most of the public speaking programs I've seen rely on lessons and methods that haven't changed in 60+ years, yet we live in culture where disruptive innovation is continually shaking up established industries and reshaping the possibilites. I've applied the same thoughts and processes to public speaking training."
- Gina Grahame
Develop A Strong Presence. Persuade with Passion. Empower others to take Action. OWN YOUR VALUE.
WHAT WE DO
We focus on real-world situations rather than theory. We utilize roleplay and video in our training. The feedback you receive is multi-faceted, provided by your peers as well as the session leader.
While these are group sessions, The training and feedback you receive is tailored to you: to your current level of expertise and your personal goals. This focus makes you a more effective speaker quickly. You will literally be a more effective communicator after every session. And the more we work together, the more nuanced and skilled you will become.
WHAT TO BRING
Bring business cards for networking and either a laptop, tablet, or pen & paper to take notes. Be ready to have fun, to learn, and to provide feedback to help others.
IMPORTANT TO KNOW
While guests are under no obligation to participate, this is an interactive workshop and we encourage all attendees to step outside their comfort zones and participate.
WHO IS GINA GRAHAME?
I've been a professional speaker and coach for over 25 years, and have done so in most every avenue of business you can imagine:
- Began my career after winning a national award in Extemporaneous Speaking from the Business Professionals of America
- Toured nationally as a narrating engineer for Dodge Truck Engines
- Acted in a B2B 'Industrial' films
- Pitched to VC's and secured $250k in seed funding
- Given sales presentations to companies of all sizes, from tool & die shops in Detroit to tech startups in San Francisco, including Fortune 500 companies in technology, automotive, advanced manufacturing, banking & finance
- Coached executives, scientists, salespeople, non-profit leaders, aspiring speakers, politicians, life coaches, and college students
- Given keynote speeches, hosted breakout sessions, participated in and moderated panels at conferences
- Was a Semi-finalist in the World Championships of Public Speaking by Toastmasters International
I accomplished this first as male, and then after gender transition, as female. I know first-hand the ways in which people of different genders present, communicate, are perceived, and are judged.